There are seven primary types of warehouses which include: Distribution center, Public warehouse, Private warehouse, Bonded warehouse, Climate-controlled warehouse, Smart warehouse and Consolidated warehouse Read More
Building a custom warehouse from scratch can be time-consuming and expensive. With prefabricated metal warehouse kits, you get an easier, faster, and more cost-effective option for creating large storage facilities with the same strength and quality that you desire.
Prefabricated warehouse kits from Sunward Steel are designed to meet all your needs, from durability and longevity to comfort and convenience. The following is everything you should know about our metal warehouse kits.
Sunward Warehouse Kit Inclusions
Here at Sunward Steel Buildings, we include the following with every one of our metal warehouse kits:
- Unassembled Primary and Secondary Materials: We provide all the unassembled primary and secondary materials you need to assemble the warehouse, including framing components and metal sheeting.
As such, you won’t need to worry about waiting for different materials to ship from various sources or about compatibility issues with the materials.
- Manufacturer Standard 26 ga Hi-Rib Wall and Roof Sheeting: We provide the standard 26 gauge Hi-Rib wall and roof sheeting designed for maximum strength, durability, and flexibility.
- Proprietary Siphon Groove Technology on Sheeting: Our sheeting is designed with proprietary Siphon Groove Technology, which allows condensation to collect and siphon under the seam, preventing water from damaging your insulation.
- Standard Paint Warranty: We offer a wide range of colors to choose from and a 40-year warranty to protect against loose adhesion, peeling, and flaking.
- Complete Closure and Trim Package: Closure and trim packages are included in all Sunward warehouse kits, so you don’t have to purchase extra materials for your building.
- Gutters and Downspouts: The gutter system is essential for preventing water damage to your building by guiding rainwater away from the siding, windows, doors, and foundation. Our kits come with gutters and downspouts designed to fit the specifications of your warehouse.
- Framed Openings: We provide framed openings designed to be ready for installation of any door or window you choose.
- Engineer-Certified Drawings: Every Sunward Steel warehouse kit comes with engineer-certified drawings to ensure that all materials are installed correctly and safely and to provide confidence that your building was designed to meet your specifications.
Sunward Warehouse Kit Exclusions
Although our warehouse kits come with all the materials you need to construct your metal building, there are a few things and services that we do not include. The following are the exclusions you should be aware of:
- Building Erection: We do not help with assembling your warehouse kit. You’ll have to hire a contractor to do this for you.
Foundation Design: Sunward Steel does not design foundations for buildings. You will need to hire a professional structural engineer or architect to design a foundation that meets your local building codes and is appropriate for your warehouse.
- Anchor Bolts: Anchor bolts are used to securely attach your building to the foundation. Anchor bolts are not included in our kits. You will need to purchase anchor bolts separately and install them as per the engineer’s instructions.
- Wainscots & Exterior Finishes: Wainscots and exterior finishes such as siding, stucco, brick, or stone are not included in our warehouse kits. If desired, these items must be purchased and installed separately.
- Insulation Package: Our warehouse kits do not come with insulation. However, we do offer an insulation package that can be purchased separately. This will ensure that your warehouse has the necessary insulation and air barriers to maintain a comfortable interior temperature all year long.
- Landscaping: We do not offer landscaping services. If you want to install any shrubs, trees, or any other landscaping features you desire, you’ll need to hire a professional landscaping service to do so for you.
- Site Work: Site work includes digging and grading the land on which your warehouse will be erected. This service is not included in our warehouse kits and must be completed separately.
- Interior Walls & Finishes: Interior walls and finishes such as drywall, paint, wallpaper, or paneling are not included in our kits. If desired, these must be purchased and installed separately.
- Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical: Our warehouse kits do not include electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems such as air conditioning and heating. These systems and services must be purchased separately.
- Interior Design & Floor Plan Layout: Interior design and floor plan layout are not included in our warehouse kits. You will need to work with an interior designer or architect to determine the best layout and design for your building’s interior.
- Doors and Windows: Although we can design the frame openings for any doors or windows you choose, our kits do not come with doors and windows. You can, however, customize your kit by adding doors and windows for an additional cost.
- On-site Inspections: Our kits do not include final on-site inspections by local building officials to approve the construction of your building. You will need to arrange for these inspections separately.
- Taxes & Freight: All applicable taxes and freight costs are not included in our warehouse kits. You will need to pay these separately.
Customize Your Warehouse Kit With Any Amenity Or Design
One of the significant advantages of our warehouse kits is that they can be customized in various ways.
Not only can you design your warehouse to meet your size requirements, but you can also choose where you want your windows and doors to be and what colors you want to use.
This level of customization ensures that the aesthetic of your warehouse complements the look of any other existing buildings on your property and that it is consistent with your branding.
Additionally, we offer a wide variety of optional accessories to add to your warehouse building kit design. These building accessories include vents, louvers, exhaust fans, ceiling fans, skylights, cupolas, overhead doors, roll-up doors, glass storefront doors, and much more.
With Sunward Steel, your warehouse kits are built to last. Get a free quote from us for your prefab building needs.
Frequently Asked Question
What are the 7 different types of warehouses?
How do you design a warehouse layout?
Designing the layout of your warehouse is critical to ensure optimal utilization of space and the smooth flow of operations. The following are some key steps you should consider: Read More
Why do warehouses have high ceilings?
High ceilings in warehouses provide greater storage capacity and space for material-handling equipment. They also help to reduce the risk of fire, as more air circulation is available in higher spaces. Additionally, high ceilings can help to reduce the amount of dust that may accumulate over time in your warehouse. Read More
What is the minimum space required for a warehouse?
A small warehouse typically requires at least 5,000 to 15,000 square feet to allow adequate space for material handling equipment, personnel, and storage. Read More
What Our Customers Are Saying
We are very pleased with our Sunward Steel Building and everyone involved with the company. Choosing Sunward for my building project was the best move I ever made. Sunward’s engineering an...See More
Rocky Mountain Pavememt Maintenance
After researching steel buildings and the many manufacturers, we chose Sunward for several reasons. First; the sales representative, designer, engineers and other employees of Sunward Steel ...See More
Chris and Brett Watson
We are very pleased with our Sunward Steel building and everyone involved with the company. The building arrived on time, fit together well, has a beautiful finish and over four years in use...See More
Fred and Connie Strotham
Confire Vineyards - Palisades, CO
Choosing Sunward for my building project was the best move I ever made. The insulation package option has saved me money every month. Our building went up fast and we have since added on to ...See More
Walter’s Auto Specialties - Englewood, CO
We’ve been in our building now for over eight years. It was an economical building for us to build. The engineered erection prints and anchor bolt plans provided by Sunward helped us get t...See More
Three G’s Body & Paint - Littleton, CO
Having built a warehouse before, using Sunward’s steel building system, when it came to making a decision on a building for our van body and truck equipment operation, choosing Sunward was...See More
Alfred Industries - Henderson, CO
We put our building up ourselves, did not run into any problems. Sunward supplied us a building manual which showed us all the tools we would need and how to get the building foundation squa...See More
CAM Services - Denver, CO
Our “shop” was manufactured in 2005, and has held up thus far. Bringing all THREE companies based out of this shop, many great years and plenty of space. The bosses were able to make it ...See More
WedgCor/Sunward Building which we purchased in Spring of 2012 has been a great addition to our Commercial Property Portfolio. We love running our business out of this facility and get commen...See More
My building has been up since the spring of 1998 and looks as good as the day it was built, even the paint hasn’t faded. An excellent company to deal with.
Excellent customer service! Worked with me more than one project. The project as a whole was completed before listed deadlines. Revised minor parts discrepancies immediately and everything w...See More
Thank you for reaching out to us, I was unaware that our building was a Sunward Steel Arena until recently. The arena was previously owned by L.L.Bean and with much anticipation the company ...See More
Freeport Equestrian Center
Sunward Steel has excellent project management, ensuring a successful project. They very clearly outlined expectations for budget and timeline, and worked with us to adjust and fine-tune bot...See More
I would like to say that the overall experience with Sunward Steel Buildings and their team exceeded my expectations. From the beginning stage of the building planning the owner of the compa...See More
My company is in the business of erecting metal buildings in Colorado. We have been installing metal buildings for over 35 years. We have erected most brands of buildings and worked with num...See More